MWNails Experience

28 June 2014







Images on right: Source Top Right / Bottom Right








For my birthday in April my bestie Ellie, got me a voucher for this nail bar in Shoreditch, London called MWNails. The voucher was like an airport ticket and once I had a gander online I saw that it was themed around an airport/holiday destination and the inside was decorated out as an aeroplane. How cool! I knew I was going to book a holiday around June time and the voucher ran out in July so I thought, 'why not save it so I can have holiday nails' ...perfect!

So I booked a holiday to Tenerife! I'm on it now if your reading this and I started prepping what I was going to wear etc. (if you check back on my old posts you will see a haul of some of the clothes I brought) and I had quite a lot of blue and pink running throughout so I knew I wanted to include these colour in my mani somewhere.

So time just flew by and it was June before I knew it! Ellies birthday was coming up and so I thought why not get them dont together for the holiday and it can be my present to her. The plan was made and we just needed to decide what to have done. (As they do nail art at this bar which I was really excited about.)

The day came and we had printed off some pictures and we both ended up going with the same thing ha! We always have the same taste in stuff. We went to the bar, got seated and picked our colours for the mani to begin. We got seated really quickly, the seats were comfy and I really liked the relaxed vibe of the place. We got the 'Perfect Panama' mani which included a nail shape and prep, then we got the most relaxing hand massage and hot towel press. It was heaven!

She told me how she was going to do the mani and checked with me that if I was happy along the way. Nothing seemed too much trouble while we were there which was nice as some places can make you feel quite rushed. They used a technique where they added the polish to a sponge and dabbed it on to get the ombre effect, this was repeated a few times to get the desired opacity.

Once dry I asked for a feather to be added to each ring finger to just make it a bit more special and I was really happy with how that came out. Ellie had some palm tree silhouettes added to go with our holiday theme. I liked how they wouldn't say no to something they hadn't done before, they would find a way around doing the design you want, which is satisfying for future reference.

All in all I was really pleased with my experience and I definitely would go there again if I was getting my nails done for an occasion or if I got another voucher. Its nice to have someone pamper your hands and nails for you and with a result your happy with. This is definitely a good experience for a fun girly pamper day, you just need a little retail therapy and a chick flick to complete your day.

Last of all, because it was Ellie's birthday I wanted to make her some 'Monster Cookies' which have become very popular where I work. Thank you Vivianna Does Make Up for the recipe! I used an old Glossybox, wrapped the top in some paper I got from next and placed the cookies inside. It made a lovely gift, which I will do for future friends and family.

I'm off to finish my holiday prep now so I'll see you when I get back
(I'm already on holiday, laying by the pool with a cocktail in hand :P)

See ya!
Khrissie xx


Photos: Khrissie Farrands
(unless stated)

Follow me on Twitter: @khrissieloves
Follow me on Instagram: @khrissieloves
2 comments on "MWNails Experience"
  1. I love the theming of this place, as a complete travel addict it just looks so fun and very me. I've never even heard of it before, what a great place and your nails look great.

    Belle x Part of Belle's world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect if you want to treat yourself or buy a gift for someone, I wish more salons would theme themselves like this. Let me know if you decide to go and what you get done :) I would love to hear what you think x

      Delete

Instagram

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature