May Glossybox 50th Edition (First ever Beauty Box!)

3 June 2014






Glossybox 50th Drugstore Edition:

This was my first Glossybox purchase as I was interested as it was totally Drugstore related and I wanted to see what I would get that I might not have seen before. Lots of you who are familiar with
this beauty box know that it is packaged beautifully, which is a lovely bonus when you receive it thorough the post, they are good for storing nail bit and pieces in. 

So I recieved my box and I was impressed straight away....

The first thing I saw was the Superdrug / Large Doughnut Ring / Full size £3.99.  I was so happy to see this is the box as I've been meaning to get one for a while as I want to try some different updo 
styles and I keep forgetting when I go into the drugstore and there is was. Perfect!

Next was the B. / Quick one coat nail polish in 189 Persica / Full size £4.99. On first impression
I werent too impressed, but one coat on the nail to test it and I was in love! Its absolutely perfect for summer as it one of those peachy/coral shaes which makes your hands look more tanned than they are.
(Look out for an instagram manicure soon! @khrissieloves)

This Blowpro / Volumizing conditioner / Full Size £9.99 is what I got pretty excited about as I've been trying to get volume in my hair for ages. I have thick but fine hair so it difficult to style. What I love about this is that its volumizing conditioner which I have seen much of before. Watch this space for killer volumising madness!

Rimmel London / Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara / One Size £6.99 is something I was kind of familiar with, although I haven't tried it as I love my maybelline falsies. I need a new mascara soon so Ive been trying this out and I'm quite impressed. The wand is shaped differently so I need to get used to application but it lengthens and separates your lashes quite nicely.

I love... cosmetics / Strawberries & Milkshake Lipglos / Full Size £1.29 was the only product I werent too impressed with. I was expecting a lot on the sniff factor but there was nothing there. The application can be quite messy as it quite liquid compared to other thick glosses but it does mean that its not sticky and can feel quite hydrating on the lips, but I felt it was more greasy that anything.

I was x so happy with this Ghost Fragrances / Eclipse / Sample as I am a massive fan of Ghost fragrances and I have a massive thing with the moon at the moment and the fact that the full bottle is shaped like a moon, I'm just all over it! It kind of makes me a little excited inside. The fragrance is fruity floral but an amber base which makes it quite a grown up scent without it been granny like.

(also included was a Garnier Beauty Oil sample)

Cost: £13 inc p&p / RRP Price £27.25

Overall I am really impressed, I would like to see if a standard box compares to this as I would be more than happy to subscribe to the beauty box but I will just have to wait for the next one to arrive. For the price I think you get a pretty good deal, assuming you are happy with the products. If you are a newbie like me then definitely by a one off box if you can and give it a go! Good Job Glossybox!

See ya!
Khrissie x


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Instagram

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature